At Tilley and Lincoln our goal is to help business clients succeed. Part of this success comes from the ability of our clients to measure their progress and understand the dynamics of their business. One of the bookkeeping tools we have discovered to help clients get the information they need to operate their business is QuickBooks. The program is easy to operate and comes at a relatively low cost.
Our accountants are QuickBooks pro-advisors and work extensively with the program. We have set-up and are maintaining countless QuickBooks systems. We also teach classes on how to use the program.
Classes are offered in cooperation with the Small Business Development Center at CSI. The five evening class runs from 6pm to 9pm. The base curriculum (subject to the particular interests of the class) is:
- Introduction to QuickBooks:
- Night 1 — Setup Company, Navigation, Checking accounts, Bank Reconciliation.
- Night 2 — Entering Bills, Paying Bills, Invoicing, Receiving payments, Making deposits
- Night 3 — Item List, Managing and recording accounts receivable and payable, Estimates, Credits, Discounts, Classes, Jobs.
- Night 4 — Inventory, Progress billing, Customizing forms and reports, Tricks, tips and traps.
- Night 5 — Setting up and operating payroll.
Class schedules may change.
If you are interested in taking a QuickBooks class please register with the CSI Small Business Development Center at 208-732-6450